Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving thanx on Turkey day...

Happy THANKSgiving!!! This year's Thanksgiving was a little different for me, there was no smelling the turkey cooking, no Macy's parade, no watching football, no big turkey dinner, and no trying to create a reason for not doing the dishes... Instead, I was in the car with my parents and brother for 6 hours driving through North Carolina trying to stay awake since I had driven to Ohio the night before and I was going on 4 hours of sleep. I decided that I was going to list everything that I was thankful for, and it wasn't long before I was asleep. Not because I'm not thankful, but mainly because I was only going on 4 hours of sleep... :)

I'm beyond thankful for God and His love for me. We've been through the ringer this year and I'm sad to say that there were many times I was disappointed, frustrated, mad, and feeling that God was so far away. Even though I've been through those emotions I've come to the conclusion that God loves me and has great plans for me! They may not be the plans that I had for me, but they're better than what I had, and I'm embracing them with open arms.

I'm so thankful for friends and family who love Jesus. They serve as inspirations and examples to me of the life and relationship that I want to have with Jesus. They constantly challenge and support me in my desire to change my life and pursue Jesus, no matter the cost. How amazing is it to be able to sit and have a conversation with any of my closest friends about what Jesus is teaching me and how I'm falling more in love with Him every day, and they get it!?!

There are so many other things that I'm thankful, but well, my attention span is shot, so it would just be a bunch of ramblings... Basically, I choose to focus on the amazing things that I have in my life and be thankful for all that I have the priviledge to have and be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment