Sunday, November 15, 2009

Passionate Dedication

This morning I had the absolute priviledge of observing the most amazing baptismal service I have ever been to. I grew up in the church, I've seen plenty of people be baptized, and I've been baptized myself, but never have I been brought to tears like I was today. It was amazing to hear the stories of the people being baptized, listen to what God means to them, and then see them be surrounded by their friends and families as they made a public declaration that God is the most important thing to them...

Over the last few months I have come to know and love God in a much different way than I ever have before, and it is because of that change that I saw the absolute beauty of today's baptism service. I've always thought it was an important step and I love my own baptism story, but I now realize how intimate and special it is. I'm so thankful for a loving God who loves me and desires a passionate and deep relationship with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment