Thursday, October 15, 2009

Coffee and Friends...

Ok, I have a confession... I'm a coffee snob. I don't like just plain ordinary coffee, unless of course it has some yummy flavored creamer in it, and lots o'it! My idea of coffee is that yummy mocha or latte that costs more than a gallon of gas, or lets be honest, 2 gallons of gas. I don't care that its a waste of money and I could make coffee at home cheaper, I like it, and I like it a lot. Now that I've admitted one of my vices I will tell you that I don't get my favorite kind of coffee often because I do have a mortgage and car payment to make, and I don't have tons of extra money around to make Mr. Coffee man rich. So when I do get to get one of the world's greatest enjoyments I like to make it a big deal, and I like to share that momentous time in my life with someone special to me...

I heard one time that someone could consider themselves lucky if they had enough really truly good friends to count on one hand. In a lifetime. Wow, unless you are a 20 finger freak, that's not a whole lot of friends... Makes me extremely thankful for the people that God has placed in my life. I love my friends, and i'm so thankful to have them, imperfections and all. How blessed am I to know that I have a number of friends that I could go to that are going to encourage me in my walk with Christ and constantly strive to point my life towards Him and His plans!?! While there are some areas of my life where I wonder if God has forgotten about me, I know that He has placed some of the strongest and most faithful people in my life, and I'm who I am because of their influence. I only hope that they can say that I stood as an example to them and encouraged them in their walk with Christ.

So thankful that I'm a 20 finger freak...

No comments:

Post a Comment