Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Simple Life...

I love simple things and a simple life... I have finally had a whole week off with no homework or even thinking about school, and I have LOVED it! I'm so tired of school, and yes, I realize that I have about 5 years left... It is the dream of being able to teach college one day that keeps me going, and of course, just getting it over with and not having to be a student ever again. Anyways, I have loved being able to come home and just relax, and then having a Saturday where I could do whatever I want! Seriously, my day was fantastic! I slept in, got some stuff done around the house, hung out with friends, and never once worried about getting my homework done by Sunday night.

I'm so thankful for the blessings that God has brought into my life... a great job I love, the opportunity to further my education, my health, my family, my friends, my house, etc. All of the simple things that we have the tendency to overlook. I used to have all of these grandious plans for my life, and maybe its just me getting older, but I really just want a simple life. I want a family of my own that I can hang out with on a Friday night with a pizza and a movie. I want a church where I can serve and the people who go there are my 'family'. I want a house that is full of love and laughter. I want my friends to know that I will always be there for them. I want people to see the love of Jesus in my life. I want for my students to know that I will do everything I can to help them become successful students and contribution to society. I don't need to change the world, I don't need to be remembered by millions; I just want to love Jesus and show His love to the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment