Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Music to the soul...

I love music! Now, I will be the first person to tell you that I have no idea who sings anything or what it's called, unless its Rascal Flatts, but I still love all kinds of music. I had a brutal meeting after work, and so needless to say I wasn't in the greatest of moods when I was doing my long drive home. I had a choice. I could either stew in my bad mood and all of the reasons that my co-workers pissed me off, or I could roll down my windows, enjoy the beautiful weather, and blast my praise & worship music... What do you think I chose? It's amazing how much my mood changed after a few minutes of enjoying God's beautiful scenery and worshiping Him for who He is. Even though I try to live my life for Him and ensure that He's a part of my day, I still lose focus and become centered on my problems and the "important" things that matter to me... How amazing is it that even though we continually push God aside He still loves us and is always welcoming us back into His loving arms. I'm so thankful for a loving God who constantly pursues a relationship with me and has plans for me that are even greater than I can imagine or dream of for myself. All I'm called to do is love and worship Him, and trust His leading in my life. Simple, right? Not really, but I'll keep playing that praise music and falling more in love with Jesus each and every day... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment