Sunday, October 18, 2009

God's Plans

I know it can feel like a cliche when people say, "don't worry, God's got it all under control," but its so true and very relevant to each one of our lives... My life verse is Jeremiah 29:11 and it says... "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for distaster, to give you a future and a hope." How awesome is that? God's got a plan, and its for good. Where do I sign up for that? I think so often we go through hard times and assume that God has left us or doesn't care about our pain, but I think its the complete opposite of that. I think that He allows us to go through those times in order to stretch us and to purify us. I don't necessarily enjoy the process of being refined, but I'm thankful for it. Who wants to be stagnant and never grow nor change? That's a sad life to live...

So, I'm choosing to trust every word of God's love letter to me, and believe that He does have good planned for my life, He wants to protect me from disaster, He wants to give me a future and He wants to give me hope. Can a promise get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment