Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ministry opportunities...

Every morning while I'm lying in bed, hitting the snooze, trying to decide if I really want to go to work, I have a morning chat with God. I've recently started asking that He use me at some point that day. I don't really care what it is, it can be something big or small, but just that I would reflect His love to someone at some point that day. And you know what? He has answered that prayer almost every day. It's been amazing to me how many people I have been able to stop and help with something, and I know that I have made their load a little lighter. Or, I've taken a few minutes to encourage or tell someone I'm praying for them, and then they walked away with a smile... I'm so thankful that God has enabled me to see people's pain and have a compassionate heart to help them. It's nothing that I have done, it's been God using me as a tool. Isn't it great that He is willing to use our imperfect selves to show His perfect love to the world? So, my challenge to myself and you is to change your world by loving one person at a time, you will be amazed at the difference it makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment